- Arrive 15 minutes early so that you have time to sign in, get situated and be ready to meditate.
- Keep valuables at home or locked in your car.
- No liquids or food are allowed in the Chan (Zen) Hall, Lecture Hall or Library; no non-vegetarian food.
- Recordings and photography are prohibited.
- Turn off your cell phone completely (i.e., no vibrate mode) or leave it in your car. You can check your phone during breaks.
- Keep everything cleared from the center aisle leading to the Buddha, including your legs and feet.
- Bring papers and pen for note taking, and a binder to store the handouts.
- Commit to attending at least eight classes.
- Wear comfortable and modest attire and socks. No midriffs, bare shoulders, see-through, or low cut tops; no shorts, torn clothing or bare feet. Optional meditation clothing may be obtained at the monastery reception desk.
- Wear shoes that are easy to slip on and off, as you will be expected to remove your shoes when entering the Chan Hall. Socks are required.
- The Monastery is a scent-free environment; please avoid scented aftershave, perfume, oils and lotions.
See you in class!
Buddha Gate Monastery